AUDIO NETWORK IS A GLOBAL MUSIC COMPANY CREATING ORIGINAL, HIGH-QUALITY MUSIC FOR TELEVISION, FILM AND ADVERTISING AND FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON DIGITAL AND SOCIAL PLATFORMS.
WITH A LIST OF OVER 1,000 ARTISTS AND A CATALOG OF OVER 200,000 TRACKS IN ALL CONCEIVABLE GENRES – WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS FIND THE PERFECT TRACK TO TELL THEIR STORY.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Audio Network has a reputation for producing the highest quality music which includes frequent recordings of live orchestras and ensembles which are produced in world famous studios including Abbey Road, and for working with composers and talented artists from all over the world.
We are looking for a passionate and creative audio professional with experience working in music in a wide variety of genres up to the highest technical level. The position will join our music department to support the music production team and our global music supply chain. This position will be based in our London office in Farringdon, Hatton Garden, currently working from home, but will transition to a hybrid working model from 2022.
This role will primarily focus on general audio engineering tasks in our post-production workflow including, but not limited to quality control, pre-mastering, and editing. Another key responsibility will be the creative markup of our music for our search engine with genre, production style, mood, emotion and associated tags. There is also the option to support our creative customer services such as custom track-to-image edits.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to join a successful, passionate, innovative and creative team at the heart of Audio Network. Each member of the music team has a direct and significant impact on the music we create and deliver to our customers around the world. Functions include:
- Music categorization and metadata tagging using our in-house software
- Preparation, editing and quality control of pre-release audio files for mastering
- Distribution, renumbering and verification of incoming and outgoing audio files
- Help with monthly preparation and conversion of files for publication
- Ad hoc creation of track versions and cutdowns
- Perform custom lead changes for clients and other internal departments as needed
- Assist in the compilation and preparation of pre-recorded audio and session files prior to recording
- Collaborate with members of the wider musical team and composers
- A passion for a wide range of essential musical genres
- Familiarity with the use of music in film, television and other media
- Wavelab audio editing / processing skills essential
- Essential ProTools skills
- Ability to read music / general music theory highly desirable
- Experience working with metadata desirable
- Critical listening skills / ability to identify audio issues and technical faults
- Methodical, detailed and careful working methods when dealing with large volumes of data and audio files
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Enthusiasm to be a proactive and collaborative member of a team and a company at large is essential
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATION
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position or relevant professional experience desired
This summarizes the main key responsibilities of your role, but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 vacation days per year
- Private health
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Audio Network, we celebrate originality – it’s a key part of our business. We truly believe that in order to create the highest quality experience, for everyone, we need diverse teams, telling diverse stories. We are committed to building these teams and we always strive to ensure that everyone has the power to be fully and unique at work each day. Each Audio Networker is unique, but they are all treated the same: with dignity, respect, compassion and equality.
We are committed to making all employment decisions regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age , marital status or any other status protected by law. If you are contacted for a job offer, please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.