The Director, Film Music Creative is a key member of the Film Music Department’s Creative Executive Group. This autodidact is responsible for a variety of ongoing routines related to the film / project. Specifically, this role will oversee and manage all musical needs for Back Lot Music soundtracks and third party soundtracks.
Back Lot Soundtracks:
- Manage the process of producing and assembling the music from the film to the soundtrack album
- Coordinate the mastering of the album with the composer and the sound engineer
- Work with suppliers to design album packaging and artwork
- Third Party Song Licensing Business Partner
- Generate label copy and album credits for album wrapping
- Digitally distribute albums through iTunes Producer / iTunes Connect and Tunecore.
- Supervise the manufacture and distribution of CDs
- Obtain vinyl partnerships and sublicence agreements
- Provide source material for digital marketing initiatives
- Process invoices related to labels and configuration of the external supplier
- Manage the audio and artistic production process from film to soundtrack
- Work with internal marketing and print teams to provide album resources to the label partner
- Generate Label Copy
- Send documents to internal executives and filmmakers for final approval
Publication / Catalog:
- Oversee audio production and restoration for the musical asset preservation initiative
- Work with commercial and publishing affairs on catalog soundtrack sublicensing partnerships
- Oversee the process of audio production and restoration of the catalog score as well as the packaging and design of the album
- Coordinate with the Archives and Sound Department to locate primary sources and original stems for license clients
- Liaise with the shift supervisor, music editor and sound department to facilitate music delivery and archiving procedures
- Inventory music delivery items to ensure all assets are collected and labeled correctly
- Create internal copies of the stereo score, songs and stems for internal use in the department
- Provide final score and original songs to marketing / brand partnerships for use in materials
- Collect the preliminary cue sheet and deliver it to the publication for final submission
- Continue “backup” procedures with Archives / Sound to ensure that an LTO copy of deliverables is archived and stored in a different location.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, 3+ years of related experience, 3+ years in the music industry.
• Previous experience working in music for a film or television studio, production company, music label, composer or music supervisor.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae / CV online to be considered
• Must have unlimited work authorization to work in the United States
• Proven experience of a high level of competence in music production and its trends.
• Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail are essential.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Personal, collaborative and team-oriented spirit with the ability to work with a wide range of professionals at various levels and different interests.
• Entrepreneurship – keeps abreast of music industry trends and associated rating costs.
• A motivated, self-starter who can multitask and work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
• Deadline oriented and shows a sense of urgency.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of information and entertainment television networks, a leading film company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class, world-famous theme parks and a premium ad-supported program. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal is all about inclusion for everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast’s NBCUniversal commitment and how we’re making a impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in uniformed services, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history for employment in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance For Hiring Order, where applicable.