Illmind, the 2X Grammy award-winning producer, launched Squad Of Knights, the first community of artists and music production based on the metaverse and NFT.
Powered by Moonwalk, an NFT utility and web3 platform, Squad of Knights hopes to provide thousands of music creators and visual artists with the tools, incentives and mentorship to collaborate virtually and IRL.
Illmind gained notoriety earlier this year when he auctioned off a collection of his music samples in the form of royalty-free NFTs.
“It’s hard to find people to work with… The Squad Of Knights NFT project is a long-term journey to address this issue and re-emphasize true human-to-human connectivity.”
The Knights Squad collection, which launches with 8,888 program-generated NFTs is designed to help members nurture relationships in music, design, and the creative arts.
NFT holders can access personalized “members-only wallets” where they can unlock challenges, redeem tokens for prizes and experiences, form communities, attend invite-only IRL events, book studio time IRL and more. The collection will be hosted on The Spatial Metaverseallowing communities to come together to share NFTs and experiences in virtual spaces.
How Squad of Knights Works
“Finding people to work with is difficult. Finding the right people to work with is even harder. In the age of social media, it is still extremely difficult to connect and share creative energies with other people. The Squad Of Knights NFT project is a long-term journey to address this issue and re-emphasize true human-to-human connectivity, bringing together incredible industry partners from the music and tech community,” said Ramon “Illmind” Ibanga Jr. “Through our innovative NFT Utility partnership with Moonwalk and our partner Metaverse Spatial, Squad of Knights uses NFT and Web3 to connect aspiring and like-minded producers, engineers, music artists, managers and graphic designers together, both in the real world and in the metaverse.
“Squad of Knights uses NFT and Web3 utility wallets to drive engagement and creative collaboration, and a great showcase of how Moonwalk’s Web3 platform can be used by brands and creatives to connect NFTs, rewards and utilities,” adds Moonwalk co-founder, Greg Consiglio.
“Spatial provides a virtual home for these creators to share 2D and 3D content with their communities, enabling engagement on a deeper level,” said Jacob Loewenstein, Growth Manager, Space. “Creators like Illmind are leading the Internet of tomorrow, and we’re honored to give them a free and open platform to express themselves in more meaningful ways.”
Knights NFT Holder Squad Perks
● Access to thousands of music creators and visual artists ready to collaborate ● Access to all Squad Of Knights events in real life and in the metaverse (24/7 access)
● Receive exclusive airdrops
● Participate in other $KNGHT Token games, challenges and features
● Take part in the CLASH combat experience in real life and in the metaverse
● Choose a “ROLE” and be part of a SQUAD of 6 people (or more) to collaborate on music together
● Participate in all challenges to earn $KNGHT tokens
● Retain 100% ownership of all music created
● Access “808 Chest” community sound pack tools
● Access collectibles, merchandise, accessories, and real-life experiences + the metaverse ● Participate in Q&As with industry professionals
● Set aside studio time at various locations to create music with team members
Bruce Houghton is founder and publisher of Hypebot and MusicThinkTank and acts as principal advisor to Groupsintown who acquired the two publications in 2019. He is the founder and president of the Skyline Artist Agency and a teacher for Berklee College of Music.